Monday, September 8, 2008

Thoughts on leaving and hopes for returning.


This morning Jen and I will drive home to Tennessee. I wish I had pictures of Maddy, Abby, Zach, Emelia, Fin and Lydia to share. I don't. As I write this I can't be sure they actually were all in the same room at the same time. If they were, I am convinced they were moving too fast to actually capture on film. With so many small children and so many plastic balls to be thrown, I might have been busy playing defense for Lydia, fending off stray balls and overly enthusiastic bounces of the bouncy seat. Mostly, I was too busy having too much to even think of getting out my camera.
Our time in Iowa was packed full of family and friends (and family who I am happy to have as friends). It was nice to drive to Iowa, not because my parents said we had to, but because we wanted to. It was nice to see aunts and uncles who once held us transformed into grandparents who now hold our kids. It will be nice to plan our return to Iowa to visit some more, see how the kids have grown, and to meet the newest arrivals.

No comments: