Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lydia at the Museum


Lydia, mom and I went to the art museum this week for the East Tennessee Regional Student Art Exhibit. I have four students with work in the show! Not as much as some teachers, but more than I have had before. Considering that I teach all beginning level students, I am excited to be learning to push them to do their best, even if they have never had art before. One of the kids I worked with this year is an advanced sculpture student who wanted to make a dress out of recycled materials. It was fun to put on my best Tim Gund impression and point out areas that she needed to consider about the project. It was even more fun to watch this kid come up with her own unique solutions to the problems I pointed out. So here is Lydia pondering the newspaper dress, which was awarded Best Sculpture at the exhibit.







No comments: