Friday, March 12, 2010

My hat

The Internet went down at work the other day, so I couldn't upload my grades, but I could paint and glitter and glue while my students finished their lingering assignments. So here is my finished hat to wear to Lydia's Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Tea for Two, Second Birthday Party Extravaganza! It doesn't have any playing cards sticking up behind the flowers. I liked the idea of that but never managed to remember to bring a few cards to work. Now I am not sure where I can squeeze them in. It is getting awful crowded on the side.
I was able to add a few scraps of fabric from Lydia's birthday dress last year and the teal ruffle was left over from her crib quilt. I like that the hat I wear to her second birthday party has pieces of things I made for her before her birth and for her first birthday.



No comments: