Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!




The weather turned cooler this weekend, so Lydia was able to wear the beautiful smocked dress that my mom made for her. What a great gift for both my mom and myself, to see Lydia in it. We took some pictures in a random patch of grass outside the restaurant where we had lunch because I was afraid lunch and napping and playing would either get in the way of more pictures or dirty the dress.

These pictures are from earlier in the day. I got to sleep late and enjoy breakfast in bed, before going for a little jog with Lydia in the stroller. I got back from my run and realized that I still had an hour before I needed to be ready for church AND that I had neglected to get or make Mother's Day cards. I had intended on making something for a while, but needed time to decide exactly what to make. Then we all spent 2 weeks sick and I spent last week catching up on housework. So with an hour to play with, I pulled out a tube of pink paint, a glue stick, ans some Easter grass.
Lydia made a painted hand print on several pages of graph paper. I glued on a stem and then made a sticky area for the grass. I also found some butterflies left over from her first birthday and put glue on those as well. Lydia enjoyed sticking them on the page.

I liked that they were quick and simple, but oh so cute. A good way to say "Thank You" to Lydia's Grammy, Mamaw, Nana and Auntie who help me be a better Mother. Happy Mother's Day to all!





1 comment:

Oceangirl 27 said...

I think she looks like Alice in Wonderland in the outside pics!