Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oriental Trading Order and Party Progress

Remember the clown doll from the thrift store? She is getting a swanky new mermaid outfit for Lydia's party.
Fortunately, her green blue pants were a good mermaid clothing color and her upturned toes already looked like a mermaid tail. Unfortunately, she has those weird shoulders that need to be disguised.
So she now has a shirt and a skirt and less visible weird shoulders, but her tail looks too much like 2 legs sewn together in a column.
So, I am in the process of adding ribbons and pearls to create a little texture and
add some shape to that tail. It's something to mess around with for a while.I also ordered some decorations from Oriental Trading Company. Apparently, they had a less than successful VBS series with a sea theme. Bad for business, good for bargain hunting me!
I got a ton of these streamers. I am not crazy about the pictures hanging from them, but they can be cut off easy enough.

Same idea with these photo snow globes. OTC sells several different styles with different pictures that you can color. I think they charge more for the photo ones. The ones with the "Jesus Loves Me" inserts were on super sale. Since I plan on ditching the insert and cutting pictures of Lydia to go inside them anyway, it doesn't really matter to me.
I got a few batches of shells and starfish to scatter around on tables.


A few final touches. I needed about $10 more in merchandise to get enough for free shipping AND a $10 discount (crazy, huh?) So, I splurged on the $10 treasure chest cooler, because I thought it was cool!
Finally, you can never have too many paper lanterns. I got white ones to look like bubbles and then a ton of blue streamers. I am sure I will regret this when I am hanging everything up, but for now, I am really excited about how everything is coming together.

No comments: