This year for my Mother's Day cards, I wanted to use Lydia's hand print again, so I thought I could make it look like a plant, with each finger being an individual blossom, instead of last year's hand "flower".
Thankfully, I had Lydia go ahead and make some green hand prints several weeks ago, on a random day when we were hanging out in the studio. I had not realized how busy we would get with Easter one weekend, PJ's high school reunion the next, and then Mother's day the following weekend. I used vellum for the hand print, figuring I could type and print a message on a second piece of paper, then sandwich them together. I used grommets to hold the four corners together, since glue always looks messy through vellum.