Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We All Live in a Yellow Submarine!

To wrap up the posts about Lydia's "3 Under the Sea" birthday party, here are a few photos of friends and family having fun at the party. Like last year with the photo booth, I wanted to have a focal point for taking pictures. I saw this idea on another website and basically recreated it to fit my needs.
Lydia has recently been introduced to The Beatles and Yellow Submarine is her FAVORITE song!  It made her so happy to see that she had a yellow submarine to play in at her party.  It made me happy that we had a really big box delivered to work a month or two before her party.  I was even happier when my painted submarine actually fit inside my car so I could drive it home on the last day of school.  Above is a picture of my family posing with the sub.

This also made me extra happy.  PJ's dad came to the party in his SCUBA GEAR!!!!  Someone said.... "Oh, lord.  Here comes Larry!"  I laughed SO hard when I saw him.  I LOVE that the grown ups are willing to be silly at Lydia's birthday parties!  Good Job PopPop!

Here are some of Lydia's favorite friends posing in the sub.

Finally, Lydia shares a moment with her Grammy.  I think that about wraps it up.  Let the planning for next year begin!

If you want to see more about the Under the Sea party click here for the Birthday Dress, here for the streamer wall, here for the activities, and here for the food.

No comments: