Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Super Special Gift!

Another kid at Lydia's daycare had a birthday last week. I was told that he really likes trains, but that he probably already has every train toy in existence. When I saw these super hero capes and accessories at Target, I thought he might like them, but I also got an idea to customize them.
The first thing I did was use a Sharpie marker to add the birthday boy's name to the belt buckle on the front.
The cape itself was just a plain color and I had some felt laying around, so I cut out a big letter "A" for "Austin" and attached it to the cape.  I sewed mine, but if you don't sew, you could probably use fabric glue for the same effect.  The birthday boy seemed to like it an everyone thought that I found some amazing custom gift place to buy it....which I think is a complement!
.

No comments: