Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lydia's Top Hat

Lydia now has a tiny top hat to wear with her circus dress to the circus wedding.  Would you believe it started life as a Totino's pizza box?
I seem to have deleted the picture that shows the box, so you will just have to believe me!  I got the idea on Pinterest.  When I searched for top hats to get inspiration about the style, I found two different tutorials for making your own. Here is a link to the one I used the most.  I did not glue my fabric on ahead of assembling and I kind of wish that I had.  It sounds easier, now.
Here is a sideways picture of the felt going on the top hat.  Sorry its sideways.
Once all the felt was on, it was time for the fun part....DECORATING IT!
I bought some ribbon and two peacock feathers, so there is one for my hat too.
Now let's just hope that Lydia is willing to actually WEAR her hat to the wedding!

No comments: