Thursday, September 22, 2011

What to wear to preschool....

In the latest edition of posts based around the idea that Lydia now has to dress herself at pre-school but isn't able to deal with buttons or snaps yet,we tackle fall and winter clothing.  Summer was easy.  As mentioned in an earlier post, while the weather was warm I just put Lydia in shorts that were too big, so she used the elastic instead of the buttons or snaps.  I was hoping that by the time she needed long pants, the clothing book that I made for Lydia would have helped her master fasteners.  It hasn't happened like that, sooo.... fall and winter outfits that are easy to pull up and down have been assembled.
There are plenty of elastic pants out there, but I just don't like the look of most.  What I have found that I do like is leggings, but only under a skirt, dress, or long shirt.  In the photo, Lydia is sporting one of her new outfits; a pink and brown plaid shirt, pink leggings, and brown boots.  We were headed to the doctor and Lydia asked if she could bring a purse.  She said she wouldn't be scared if she had her purse.  OK.  Whatever.  She did great at the doctor, we found out what has caused her awful cough and she is currently medicated and napping.  I am rearranging things to stay home with her for one more day and to try to get myself and PJ tested for what Lydia has because it looks and feels like a bad cold, but will turn into walking pneumonia if untreated.  I have had a sore throat and a hoarse voice all week and right now I just want to lay down with Lydia and sleep.  So much for getting some work done while I am home with Lydia.  Oh, well.  At least we know what we are fighting..... and we have plenty of outfits to change into should she get sick.....(which has happened several times in the last 24 hours)

No comments: