Monday, January 23, 2012

We're On TV!

OK, NO, this is NOT the big crafty reality TV announcement.  Sorry I couldn't resist the teaser! After several frantic days filled with emails and calls to alter videos, to delete blog posts (sorry if you have no idea what I am talking about the evidence has been removed), and to adjust You tube settings we seem to be in a holding pattern with no news either way.  In the mean time, I enjoyed dinner and conversation almost every night last week with our fellow parishioners and members of the Family Promise program.  I mentioned spending the night after the sock hop on Friday.  Saturday a new member of a church, who happens to be a former Family Promise guest cooked up a Carribean Feast!

 WBIR came out to showcase the program and specifically how our church is involved. I can't get the video to pop up on this blog because it is on a news site and not on You Tube, but you can click here for a link.  The story focuses on my sister, who helps run the program at our church, one of the most AMAZING ladies that I have met though the program (and I am not just saying that because she fed me a ton of home cooked Caribbean food), and a current member of the program.  If you look closely, you can see Lydia and myself in a few shots.  Enjoy!

No comments: