Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Such a Big Girl!

Dear Lydia, you are growing up so quickly. Every day there seem to be new things that you are trying and accomplishing all by yourself!

The swing was a big big deal this weekend. You figured out how to shimmy and pull yourself up into the seat and then how to get started swinging without any help! Selfishly, with a new baby on the way I am thrilled that you can do these things while I have my hands full. But mostly, I am enjoying how proud you are of your accomplishments. You talk nonstop about how you are swinging "like a kindergartner!" (we still has a full year before THAT milestone, but apparently Kindergarten is already the meter stick against which almost 4 year olds measure themselves!)

I've shared this image already, but I am still blown away by seeing
you participate in classes by herself, especially when the subject matter is a little scary like diving off the diving board.

You are really becoming expressive and making tons of silly faces, while practicing for cheering up your baby brother when he cries. I have a feeling that your attitude towards him may change when he is crying and unable to play with you, but you are being very sweet in your anticipation of him.

You are on your way to becoming a wonderful grown up girl. Last week I had your pre-school teachers sign a page in the Dr. Seuss book, "Oh the Places You'll Go!" (This idea is all over Pinterest. We will add teacher signatures and notes each year until high school graduation) I am sure the time will fly past us, so I just wanted to take a minute and put in writing that I see you growing up and I am so proud of you!

No comments: