Saturday, October 6, 2012

Decorating the Boy

When Lydia was born, someone at church referred to her as "the one they decorate!" It was easy with a girl to make a hair bow or add a ruffle. With a boy, just finding cute clothing is hard enough. Accessories are few and far between.

I have decided to keep my eyes peeled for cute socks and hats. I have found some great striped and argyle socks and I love the grey hat pictured above. (I also seem to have misplaced it during our recent trip to Iowa.... So sad!) So, I'm now in the market for more hats. While looking closely another bigger hat, I noticed that the construction wasn't terribly difficult and thought I would try to make my own.

I bought a flannel shirt at a thrift store and used a larger hat as a pattern. I think Joshua is pleased with the results! Considering how cold it is getting this weekend the new hat should prove to be more than just a decoration!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! I would love to know more about how to make a hat like this. My baby boy is due on the 22nd of this month, and I completely agree, attractive boy clothes and accessories are really difficult to come by!