Saturday, December 8, 2012

Making a list, checking it twice

I promise that soon I will be back to posting crafty goodness. (I have tons of projects planned for my break from teaching) For now, we have been snuggling inside while struggling to get over a series of bad colds.

Tonight Lydia asked about writing a letter to Santa, her FIRST letter to Santa.... Actually, her first letter to ANYONE!

I sounded out the words and made her guess the letters. Thank goodness she hasn't changed her mind about wanting a castle! When she finished writing, she drew a picture if Santa on the letter and then a picture if herself (in a crown and pig tails) with a castle.

Then she copied the start of her letter to make one for Baby Joshua. When she made a mistake on the very last letter, she copied that to make a neater one!

Now it's Mommy's turn.

Dear Santa,
I already have more than I could have ever asked for!

No comments: