Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sewing a Birthday Skirt

So far, I have made a special outfit for each of Lydia's birthdays. I mentioned in an earlier post the fabric that I ordered to make a skirt.

I was trying to decide what colors of fabric to coordinate with the border print when I saw this skirt at a flea market.

I liked the pink polka dots a lot, but there was one problem....,

Can you see the big horizontal run in the fabric?

Luckily, the inside of the skirt is also pink polka dots, just in a reverse pattern.

The only problem was the seam, but I just cut it out and sewed it again so that the seam was on the new inside. I added the border at the bottom edge... Oh and I whipped up a little appliqué shirt design to match the skirt, and the birthday outfit is ready for the birthday princess!

No comments: